Friday, September 17, 2010

Meet the Site Captains =)

Thanks so much for visiting our page. We hope that we've made an impression on you and you'll experience this awesome event with us.

Get to Know Us
I first got involved with Volunteer San Diego when I tutored at a College Rolando Library tutoring hour. When I saw the opportunity to get involved on a deeper level I decided that if I had the time I would use it to do something about the quality of education through Serve-a-thon.

Chris's involvement with education began while he tutored kids through a program funded by the No Child Left Behind Act. He was given no tools with which to teach students and had to travel from home to home because libraries and classrooms were unavailable. He experienced and battled first hand the disparity with which education is faced.

Chris and I are UCSD graduates. Chris majored in Mathematics while I did a double major in Writing and Latin American Studies. We made San Diego our home and we want to take part in making it a better place to live by building bonds within our community. We know first hand how tough it is for everyone out there and students and teachers need our help. We hope that through our efforts for Serve-a-thon 2010 we will be making a positive and lasting impact on the people in our community.

Sincerely,

Diana Farias and Chris Heinrich
dianafarias09@gmail.com
chris.m.heinrich@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment